Uniform and Appearance
The school colour is green. We ask your help in encouraging the children to take pride in their appearance and wear appropriate clothing for an active school day. As a result, we hope to foster in pupils a sense of belonging as a valued member of our school community.
School clothing should be practical and affordable which is why we do not expect all items to include the school logo but do ask the children adhere to the uniform rules listed below in terms of colours and items specified.
To prevent items of clothing being lost, we ask that your child’s clothing is clearly named. Additionally, in warm weather, we advise that your child should be provided with a sunhat and sunscreen.
Compulsory Uniform Options
- Grey or black skirt, trousers, or shorts
- Green and white summer dress (warmer weather)
- White blouse, shirt, or polo shirt
- Green sweatshirt, fleece, or cardigan
- Black shoes (or sensible footwear in warm weather)
In formulating this policy, we have considered the cost of uniforms. For this reason, most items can be obtained from a wide variety of stockists, including chain stores and discount stores. Our Friends of Lawn hold second-hand uniform sales throughout the year which are advertised via email, on our social media,
School branded Sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts, fleeces, rucksacks, and book bags with the school badge are available online from Price & Buckland.
Physical Education (PE)
• Your child will need to come dressed in their PE kit on the days they have PE.
• In the warmer weather children should wear a plain black or white t-shirt and shorts
• In colder weather tracksuit bottoms/tops are permitted.
• Children should wear trainers, suitable for PE.
• Children who forget kit will still be expected to participate in PE
• Swimming Kit- swimming costume (one piece, no bikinis), trunks (short and fitted), towel and swimming cap.
We request parents refrain from spectacular ‘fashion’ hairstyles and strongly recommend that hair accessories be discreet and in school colours only
Children can wear a wristwatch and if ears are pierced small stud-earrings. Hoops, dangly earrings or any large studs which could catch are not permitted.
No other jewellery is permitted unless agreement has been sought from the Headteacher.